Apprentice Software Developer AWARD LEARNING SERVICES LIMITED
This role will involve the creation and development of websites, maintenance and the updating of eLearning components. You will create and assemble, text, graphics, sound files, videos, and animations to create eLearning tools. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business anticipating high growth in the coming years.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
This role will involve the development and maintenance of websites and updating of eLearning components.
The Apprentice eLearning Website Developer will ensure that open source websites such as WordPress and Moodle Learning Managements Systems are designed, configured, integrated and updated to our client’s requirements. They will also create and assemble, texts, graphics, sound files, videos, and animations to create eLearning elements either standalone SCORM/Tin Can compliant, or with authoring tools of a learning management system.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a core member of a business anticipating high growth.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Install, configure and maintain websites on the company serviced webservers
- Consult with internal clients and colleagues in order to develop website and eLearning assets
- Create or manipulate texts, graphics, sound files, videos, and animations to create eLearning elements
- Modify themes, install reports, extensions, and plugins to open source websites and learning management systems
- Undertake administrative duties in Moodle (LMS) and WordPress
Requirements and prospects
Some experience is desirable in creating one or more of the following, websites, graphics, videos and animations.
It is desirable that you have some experience of using the following:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, etc.
- Sound Processing (Audacity)
- SCORM development software (Captivate, Storyline, etc.
- Moodle Learning Management System
- WordPress Content Management System
- Office - Open Office
- Linux Server Cpanel and DirectAdmin
- It is essential that applicants are highly creative. If you have already created your own website/s that include graphics, video, effects etc. you will be asked to submit examples of your work for review prior to being offered an interview.
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationship with internal clients and colleagues
- The ability to learn how to use new software and keep up to date with developments
- A flexible attitude to working hours to ensure projects are completed on time
- A determination to succeed and persevere in problem solving situations
- The ability to review your own work and performance to ensure eLearning assets developed exceed the expectations of colleagues and clients
- Achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English, maths and IT
- Progression to a higher levelled apprenticeship course
- Full-time Employment
About the employer
E-Learning course development and production.
Our business started 21 years ago developing and delivering e-Assessments for organisations like City & Guilds and other awarding organisations. We’ve delivered over 5 million assessments on our platforms alone, so we know what we’re talking about when it comes to assessment.
Our technical partners of 12 years provide us with the infrastructure and operating systems we’ve relied upon to deliver our own eLearning services so successfully. We now provide that same dependable platform for our clients to be hosted upon.
Award Learning Services offers our customers a complete package when it comes to e-Learning. This can include Moodle deployment, video production, sound and even post production effects with some 3D to support training and PowerPoint presentations.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trainplus
Cory Short 01268 767 596 email@example.com
- HNC in Digital Technologies
- Software Developer Personal Attributes and Behaviours
- EPA - Software Developer
Subject to prior attainment
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.