Nursery Apprentice RAINBOW CORNER NURSERY LIMITED
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Southsea, Portsmouth are looking for a Level 2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
08 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Southsea, Portsmouth are looking for a L2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- To be a confident, organised, reliable and creative person
- GCSE maths and English at C/4 grade or equivalent or above is preferred but not essential
- If the candidate holds a Level 2 in Childcare, it would be advantageous and they would go directly onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training
- If the desired candidate already holds a valid L2 Childcare qualification or has sufficient experience the L3 Early Years Educator is available on an 18 month basis
Things to consider
- Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042.
About the employer
Rainbow Corner Nursery School is a privately owned day nursery which was founded in 1983. We were one of the first nursery schools to open in Southsea and since then have continued to provide an excellent level of childcare. We are situated in Central Southsea in a large converted Victorian house. The nursery is family run and we pride ourselves on our strong reputation, flexibility and service, the true home-from-home environment and the excellent facilities we provide for the children in our care.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 email@example.com
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths L1 minimum (unless exempt)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.