Early Years Educator Apprentice CHICHESTER MONTESSORI LIMITED
This apprenticeship role will offer experience in all aspects of working with children from 0 to 5 years old. Candidates will ideally hold a Level 2 qualification in childcare already, or have experience working with children. If you do not have any prior sector learning or experience, please refer to the Level 2 opportunity we are advertising.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Assist the teaching team to ensure that the children in the nursery are secure, settled and happy
- To assist in providing a stimulating and varied programme of development and learning opportunities
- To implement and uphold Chichester Montessori’s Aims
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities
- To assist the teaching team with activities set out each day in the classroom
- To assist the teaching team by observing the children at their activities and recording these observations
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of classroom activities on a daily basis
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- To be responsible with the other trainees, for nappy changing and toileting the children
- To assist the children at mealtime’s
- To assist the teaching team with settling new children into the nursery
- To attend regular staff meetings and contribute ideas and feedback to the team, on the activities planned
- To be familiar with and comply with all the school’s policies and procedures
- To ensure that all information regarding the nursery and the children is kept confidential at all times
- To attend training sessions as necessary
- To undertake such additional duties appropriate to the level of the post as may be required from time to time
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work as part of a team
- To be well presented
- To have good communication skills
- To be well organised
- To act as a good role model at all times
- To be a driver or learning to drive
The ability to inspire and nurture the pupils.
- For this standard A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential
- Willingness to learn is key
Future permanent contract. A high percentage of our team have joined us through the Apprenticeship scheme.
About the employer
We are a family run nursery, that has been established since 1996. We employ approximately 25 people and are situated in a small business park, just outside Chichester. We have a happy and supportive team and encourage our trainees to gain confidence by working closely with the qualified staff.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley 02393 879999 email@example.com
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship in LEVEL 3 EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.