Apprentice Electrical Engineer Edale Limited
This role will provide the successful candidate with recognised training skills to qualify as an Electrical Engineer, and also training covering a range of disciplines within our manufacturing business. A permanent role may be offered after successful completion of 3 year training period.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Tasks & responsibilities will include:
- To perform high quality electrical assembly work following the drawings and specifications supplied by the Drawing Office
- To liaise with the Mechanical Engineers to ensure that both electrical and mechanical work is co-ordinated
- To immediately report any component shortages to the Manufacturing Controller
- To report to the Production Manager when a job has been completed or to move off a job if there are not sufficient parts available to continue the build efficiently
- Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Production Manager
- Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of equipment used to perform electrical assembly to the Production Manager
- To ensure that there are sufficient supplies of consumable components to perform the tasks required using the Edale Kanban system
- To define and report any areas for process improvement in accordance with the company’s Continuous Improvement program
- To follow both the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- To ensure that working areas are kept to the highest level of cleanliness
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Outlook, Word, and Excel are essential
- Have a good work ethic
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn is key
For this standard GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard.
Possibility to progress within the company upon completion.
About the employer
Edale are a leading supplier of high technology, narrow-mid web flexographic and digital printing presses and converting equipment.
Constantly watching and focusing on the ever-changing needs of the printing and packaging market, we apply our renowned design and engineering expertise to provide equipment that helps you to deliver quality products day-in, day-out, enhancing your image, reputation and profitability.
Our printing and converting systems are designed to enable you to increase throughput and quality, reduce material wastage and enjoy maximum uptime. They are also fully upgradeable to stay ahead of you, and your customers, changing demands.
With over 50 worldwide agents and distributors, Edale have a long list of satisfied customers in many international locations.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes;
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.