Apprentice Mechanical Engineer Edale Limited
This role will provide the successful candidate with recognised training skills to qualify as a Mechanical Engineer, and also training covering a range of disciplines within our manufacturing business. A permanent role could be offered after completion of the 3 year training period.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To complete BTEC or equivalent qualifications
- To perform high quality mechanical assembly following, where possible, the drawings and specifications supplied by the Drawing Office
- To ensure that machine build times are kept within those budgeted by Production
- To liaise with the Electrical Engineers to ensure that both electrical and mechanical work is co-ordinated to avoid reworking
- To immediately report any component shortages to the Team leader or Manufacturing Manager
- To report to the Team leader or Manufacturing Manager when a job has been completed or to move off a job if there are not sufficient parts available to continue the build efficiently
- Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Team leader or Manufacturing Manager
- Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of equipment used to perform mechanical assembly to the Team leader or Manufacturing Manager
- To ensure that there are sufficient supplies of consumable components to perform the tasks required using the Edale Kanban system
- To define and report any areas for process improvement in accordance with the company’s Continuous Improvement program
- To follow both the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- To perform factory maintenance tasks when required
- To assist Stores Department when requested
- To ensure that working areas are kept to the highest level of cleanliness
- To perform any other task as may be reasonably required and consistent with duties of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Have a good work ethic
- Good timekeeping
- For this standard A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential
- Willingness to learn is key
- Possibility to progress within the company
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Edale are a leading supplier of high technology, narrow-mid web flexographic and digital printing presses and converting equipment.
Constantly watching and focusing on the ever-changing needs of the printing and packaging market, we apply our renowned design and engineering expertise to provide equipment that helps you to deliver quality products day-in, day-out, enhancing your image, reputation and profitability.
Our printing and converting systems are designed to enable you to increase throughput and quality, reduce material wastage and enjoy maximum uptime. They are also fully upgradeable to stay ahead of you, and your customers, changing demands.
With over 50 worldwide agents and distributors, Edale have a long list of satisfied customers in many international locations.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.