Apprentice Print and Commissioning Engineer Edale Limited
We are looking for a print and commissioning engineer apprentice reporting to the Technical Manager with regard to machine commissioning.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Machine commissioning and defect closure in an effective and timely manner
- Preparing and conducting machine FATs and/or SATs, ensuring successful machine sign-off
- On and off-site technical and training assistance in support of Edale and its customers
- Assist and/or independently run live video call/in person machine demonstrations and trials, as required, for prospective buyers during visits to Edale
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with Project Engineers to ensure all commissioning and FAT requirements are fully understood and preparations are in place (tooling, materials, consumables etc.)
- Liaising closely with department stakeholders in relation to delays, defects, complications, or any such issue that may impact the success or timely completion of machine commissioning
- Assist with further development of commissioning documentation and processes, enhancing the quality and effectiveness of the commissioning and testing phases
- Hosting and conducting Factory Acceptance Tests
- Attend trade events and shows as required, both within the UK and overseas
- Carry out customer operator/print training and machine SATs, both within the UK and overseas
- Become competent in operating all equipment in the current Edale product range, understanding how to achieve the best quality product from each machine
- Provide in-house training/support, as required, for any Edale personnel i.e. Service Engineers, Sales Engineers etc.
- Build knowledge of the digital/hybrid print process and learn how to use, demonstrate, maintain, and train customers on such equipment
- To provide technical and print support where necessary
- To conduct customer site visits, where necessary, for the purpose of resolving issues, disputes, or for the provision of high-level product and application support
- To promote new and existing After Sales initiatives, capitalising on opportunities for machine upgrades, spare parts, and service contracts
- To ensure safe working methods are followed when carrying out all works, and that appropriate work instructions and risk assessments are provided before commencing work
Other responsibilities to include:
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with ISO procedures
- Encourage a good team working culture throughout the organisation and build effective working relationships with all staff in all functions of the business
- Develop a full understanding of company procedures and directives to ensure that they are implemented correctly and be self-motivated in adopting continuous improvement philosophies
- Follow the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
- Perform any other task as may be reasonably required and consistent with the duties of the post
- To comply with Edale designated dress code when performing duties
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Have a good work ethic
- Good timekeeping
For this standard A*-C / 9-4 in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential
- Willingness to learn is key
- Possibility to progress within the company
About the employer
Edale are a leading supplier of high technology, narrow-mid web flexographic and digital printing presses and converting equipment.
Constantly watching and focusing on the ever-changing needs of the printing and packaging market, we apply our renowned design and engineering expertise to provide equipment that helps you to deliver quality products day-in, day-out, enhancing your image, reputation and profitability.
Our printing and converting systems are designed to enable you to increase throughput and quality, reduce material wastage and enjoy maximum uptime. They are also fully upgradeable to stay ahead of you, and your customers, changing demands.
With over 50 worldwide agents and distributors, Edale have a long list of satisfied customers in many international locations.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 email@example.com
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship in Engineering Technician Level 3
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.