Learning Support Apprentice Peak Education - Cannock
Could this be the perfect opportunity for you take the first step on the ladder of your teaching career? Would you like to help people learn whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification?
Closing date: 26 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
06 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This apprenticeship will be hands on, challenging and will stretch you to your limits but most importantly it will be fun and exciting and will develop so many important skills for your future.
We are looking for people to support learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN), many of whom demonstrate challenging behaviours. You'll be based at our education facility in Cannock, whereby you'll work alongside an Inclusive Education Practitioner (IEP) to support students.
The role will include:
- Under the guidance of teaching/senior support staff, provide support for pupils who require help to enable access to learning and to assist in the management of pupils
- Provide specialist support and supervise groups and occasionally whole classes for a session in the classroom or outside the main teaching area as required
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children within the setting
- To work as part of the team to enable the setting to continue to deliver an outstanding standard of care
- To build and maintain strong 'parent as partner' relationships to enable the child to develop and flourish and that their needs are always considered
During term time you'll be part of a team delivering a bespoke package of education to SEN learners on a day-to-day basis including basic academic subjects plus regular opportunities to work in the outdoors delivering enrichment sessions (e.g., mountain biking, climbing, water sports, etc). The balance of academic:outdoor activity is dependent on each learner's capability and level of engagement. Your IEP (who may have started their journey as an apprentice themselves) will take the lead in managing the learner's progress and will support your development whilst you assist them in learning delivery. Our aim is that you'll follow in their footsteps at the end of your apprenticeship programme! Outside term time you'll have time to concentrate on your Level 3 course work. You will need a flexible outlook and a willingness to learn new things and take on new challenges.
Requirements and prospects
- Good ICT skills
- Be happy to commit to apprenticeship training requirements (lasting up to 18 months) which will include self-study both during and outside your working hours
- Be happy to commit to training for additional outdoor activity qualifications which may require you to attend outside working hours.
- You need a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the outdoors!
- The desire to help others to learn, to motivate and to support others to recognise and achieve their potential
- We hope that you will want to stay with us after your apprenticeship and will apply to become one of our respected Inclusive Education Practitioners
- A flexible attitude and ability to communicate with young people of a variety of backgrounds
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The opportunity to progress into an Inclusive Education Practitioner role.
Things to consider
- Be 18 years old or over (due to the nature of the role)
- You must be willing to undergo a DBS check
- Subject to 2 satisfactory references being obtained
What we offer you:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal learning and Thinking Skills
Safeguarding Peak is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; applicants will therefore be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from the school or by visiting www.gov.uk.
About the employer
Peak Education have four registered independent day schools in Cannock, Gailey, Stoke-on-Trent and Audley, and six learning facilities and adventure centres in the North West, North East and West Midlands.
We are registered with the Department for Education and inspected by Ofsted. All staff are specially trained to work with young people facing social, emotional and mental health challenges and life changing circumstances. They know how to engage, inspire, safeguard and de-escalate situations for everyone’s safety and to keep young people in education.
Students who have completed their school careers with Peak Education have gained vocational and National Governing Body qualifications to support a variety of employment and training paths. This includes reintegration to mainstream education, employment as instructors at outdoor activity centres, further training, college placements and direct employment.
Peak Education - Cannock
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.