Business Administrative Apprentice UK Docks
UK Docks are a long-standing support contractor to the Ministry of Defence providing comprehensive through-life support for ships and equipment and in-service support and capability. They are looking for a business admin apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
03 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Phone – answering, fielding and forwarding calls accordingly.
- Visitors – greeting visitors and notifying staff of arrival.
- Deliveries – dealing with couriers and deliveries. Notifying recipients of delivery arrivals.
- Maintaining / ordering office stationery supplies
- Maintaining / ordering office consumables
- Assist with purchasing of general yard materials
- Manage Office Petty Cash
- Checking purchase invoices for duplicates within Sage software
- Checking purchase invoices prior to processing for purchase order number / correct information
- Processing and scanning purchase invoices once approved by commercial / ordering department
- Filing purchase invoices correctly
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good customer service / interpersonal skill
- IT literate – Microsoft Office / Sage Accounts Software (Sage training will be given)
- Ability to use initiative
- Proactive approach to work
- Approachable and responsive
The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, level 4 or above in Maths, English and ideally ICT.
Please note that level 2 adult literacy and level 2 adult numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship certificate awarding body’s requirements.
Future full time employment, on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and an interview with the prospective employer. In the first instance all applicants must complete, an application form, a basic word processing exercise and a remote telephone / video conference interview.
About the employer
UK Docks is a family owned and operated business established in 1992 and proudly delivers a range of services in the maritime sector. Over the years, the company has acquired an excellent reputation in the industry by combining the expertise and experience of its staff.
Originating in the North East of England which remains its’ headquarters, UK Docks work across the globe delivering vessel maintenance repair and refit, in-service support, vessel upgrades and modifications, vessel conversions, ship life extension programs, technical and logistical support and comprehensive data management services.
UK Docks facilities include two dry docks, deep water repair berths, eights slipways and boat lifting, transport and storage facilities supported by fully equipped workshops to manage all requirements from small boat maintenance and repair projects to major complex ship conversions.
The starting point for the company’s progress is recognition of its responsibilities toward its customers and employees alike and we consciously maintain the highest standards in terms of health and safety, the protection of the environment and the quality of our work.
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Niamh Jones 0191 2626860 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful candidate will work towards a Business Administrator level 3 qualification and level 2 functional skills, should they be required
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.