Apprentice Commis Chef Tenterden Social Hub
As an apprentice Chef at The Hub (Tenterden) we will help you gain the skills you need to be a professional Chef. The food you provide will be the reason that the members choose us. You will thrive off the opportunity to earn while you learn with the support of a close-knit team, because it's the people that make it all worthwhile.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
03 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice Chef, you will be supported to complete all aspects of the Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of healthy meals for our older community. An Apprentice Chef will also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Contribute to high levels of customer service
- Assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the highest standard
- Manage customer relations when necessary
- Comply with and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health and Safety
- Undertake any reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Head chef or senior manager
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- Complete all aspects of the training programme in the required time frame
- Positive attitude with the ability to respond to direction
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisation skills
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to carry out instructions effectively
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Good time management
- Approachable personality
- Passion for food
- GCSE in maths and English at grades 9-4 or A*-C or equivalent (Functional Skills at Level 2) are desired
Offering support to potential employment at Tenterden Social Hub or working with the Apprentice to find work locally across our local networks.
Things to consider
This position may close earlier than advertised as we are looking to fill ASAP - please do not hesitate to apply!
- An extra day off for your birthday
About the employer
Tenterden Social Hub (Previously Tenterden & District Day Centre) is a registered charity, which was originally opened in 1980 when it was purely a Day Centre for the elderly.
However, in the intervening 40 years, a number of other services and activities have been developed for all types and ages of people.
- Anyone over the age of 60 who likes to be socially active
- People suffering with early-mid stage dementia
- Anyone over 18 that is living with a learning or physical disability
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Catch 22 Charity Limited
Daisy 07872416575 firstname.lastname@example.org
A primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. This gives them the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where they feel most inspired. The learning journey of a chef will vary considerably from one individual to the next; however it is the range of experiences in the basics gained in this role which provide the opportunities to progress to any future senior chef role.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard with Catch22 as your Training Provider. You will have a dedicated Catch22 tutor who will guide you through your journey.
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Online modules using our bespoke learning platform StepUp your Learning
- Working with employer with in-house training on the job
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.