Childminding Apprentice Maria McDonald
In this role you will be working alongside the Registered Childminder, providing childcare for children aged from months old to 12/13 years. Your hours will be part time, either mornings 8.30-12.30 or afternoons 12.30-4.30 depending on which shift you’d like to work.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 20.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
04 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role includes:
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development for children
- To help plan and set up activities which ensure each child is working towards their early learning outcomes under the EYFS
- To help ensure the setting is a safe environment for children and others
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating, educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based EYFS revised 2021
- To help with the school runs and nursery runs
- To complete expected assignments set
- To work as part of a team
- To attend associated training
- To liaise with mentor and assessor and prepare yourself for your assessment visits
- To eventually help to develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents and other staff to facilitate day to day caring needs
- Liaising with parents in an upbeat and friendly manner, maintaining eye contact and a smile. Introducing yourself and those you may not have met
- To cover sickness and holiday periods of other staff members, this will be full time hours to cover
- To learn to use our IT package to record necessary information observations etc for each child in accordance with the EYFS
- To ensure records are properly maintained eg daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assess etc.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with our aims and objectives
- To prepare meals and snacks for children and help clear away and get ready for the next meal/snack time
- To encourage and help children tidy up toys etc.
- To help with nappy changes
- To complete training when required
Requirements and prospects
A basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Windows.
- I am looking to recruit fun and enthusiastic individuals with a genuine love for children to join me
- Applicants must be upbeat and keen to learn. Those I am looking for must be approachable, caring and have a passion for working with children
- I need reliable members to work cooperatively with others and to be flexible to the needs for the children and the setting
- The right candidate must be prepared to undertake professional development as required.
- You must demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity.
- You must have the ability to form warm relationships and be smart in your appearance
- GCSE or equivalent C/4 in English and maths
- First Aid Training would be beneficial
- Driving Licence would be good but not essential
Career in childcare
Things to consider
Under Ofsted regulations every apprentice will need to do a DBS.
Each apprentice will need to do First Aid training and Childcare Safeguarding training.
Due to the requirements of the business the hours are less than 30 per week so the duration has been extended accordingly.
About the employer
I am a Registered Childminder. I offer parents childcare for their children from birth to 13 years. I carry out school runs before and after school and I care for younger children during school hours. I also do a nursery run at lunchtime and work during the school holidays. We can discuss employee holidays during interviews.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Chelsea Hillis 01753 596 004 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Maths and English
- The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce
- The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours), that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path
- Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including Skype, virtual classroom, facetime, and telephone, and additionally provide support and motivation
- Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.