NEW - Multiskilled Engineering Apprentice Fenflow Ltd
Multiskilled Apprentice capable of learning mechanical engineering and some electrical engineering skills to assist in the overhaul of pumps, gearboxes, valves and other industrial equipment.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
03 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Dismantle and inspection of customers equipment
- Cleaning, overhauling and rebuilding of customers equipment
- Manufacture of parts/machining or parts utilising hand and machine tools
- Writing of inspection reports/recording condition of customers items
- Pressure testing of pumps and valves
- Setting relief valves to operate at the correct pressure
- General housekeeping duties
Requirements and prospects
- Genuine interest in Engineering
- Ability to work accurately to exact measurements
- Team player who is able to take direction from peers
- Not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Have an enquiring mind
- Ability to learn quickly
- Genuine interest in engineering
- Ability to think for oneself
3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a Science.
Opportunity to carry on training/education to a higher level, and/or full-time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Must have own transport to and from home/work.
Must have own transport to and from home/Gratham college once a week.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Specialist repairs of pumps, valves, motors & gearboxes, heat exchangers and weed screens.
Via our purpose-built workshop in Spalding, Fenflow support our customers with maintenance, refurbishment, testing and emergency repairs providing a total engineering service package and together with our guarantee of quality in all our operations we provide a total commitment and the highest service level to our customers.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grantham College
Michelle Neil 01476 400200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Maintenance and Operation Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 NVQ in Engineering
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.