Apprentice Chef The Lace Market Hotel Limited
The Lace Market Hotel are looking to recruit a hardworking and passionate individual to join their kitchen team. Working alongside the Head Chef you will develop your skills whilst undertaking the Commis Chef apprenticeship.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
01 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Recognise the importance of checking food stocks and keeping the storage areas in good order, know the procedures to carry out and how to deal with identified shortages and food close to expiry date
- Understand how personal and team performance impact on the successful production of dishes and menu items
- Understand the principles of supply chain and waste management
- Recognise potential risks in the working environment, how to address them and the potential consequences of those risks
- Identify traditional cuts of; and basic preparation methods for, meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- Apply correct preparation and selection methods when using meat, poultry, fish and vegetables in dishes
- Use correct knives and knife skills when preparing food and use the correct equipment when preparing, cooking and presenting food
- Demonstrate a range of craft preparation and basic cooking skills and techniques to prepare, produce and present dishes and menu items in line with business requirements
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Show enthusiasm for keeping up to date with business and industry trends
- Work effectively with others to ensure dishes produced are of high quality, delivered on time and to the standard required
- Set an example to others by working in ways which minimise waste
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to learn
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Welcome to the Lace Market Hotel, Nottingham.
The Award Winning Lace Market Hotel is a 42 bedroom boutique hotel situated in the heart of the historic Lace Market. If you're passionate about food and want a role that will expose you to all aspects of kitchen life then we have the perfect role for you.
We currently offer three menus throughout the day - breakfast, afternoon tea & our Cock & Hoop pub menu. In addition to this we also cater events (when we are allowed too as per government guidelines).
We are looking for someone with a passion for food with a great personality who is wants to learn & grow through the support of our head chef.
The Lace Market Hotel Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Commis Chef Level 2.
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required)
- Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration
- Link to Commis Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commis-chef-v1-1
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment
- Please refer to above link for more information
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.