Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join them as a Food Production and Cooking Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the Hospitality sector.
Food Production and Cookery Apprentice
The Queens Head
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Shift patterns start between 9am to 12:30am
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Apr 2017
25 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
If you like making sure nothing is left to chance, you could go a long way with us, it is strengths like these that we look for in our people. You are a natural team player who is most at home when working efficiently with others, allowing you to make the best use of your time.You possess the ability to follow processes, stick to health and safety guidelines, properly plan things and be organised and structured in what you do. You are constantly thinking about the day in an ordered way that means everything runs smoothly - and all our customers get just what they want when they want it.
The day to day jobs would consist of:
- Food preparation
- Health and safety in the kitchen being adhered to
- Producing hot and cold foods
- Kitchen House keeping
- Ordering and maintaining stock
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills by listening to customers, engaging and building a rapport with them and by dealing with challenging people and situations
- Experience of working under pressure including managing a workload at busy times
- Developing an understanding of customer needs and using this knowledge to improve the business for example, passing on or responding to customers requests and suggestions
- Building a commercial awareness and the experience of working in a commercial environment
- Working with regulations such as health and safety and licensing laws, and making sure that colleagues understand them
- Bright bubbly personality
- Friendly and Approachable
There are no qualifications required however you will undertake initial assessments for Maths and English. On Completion - On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive NVQ Level 2 Certificates along with functional skills in Maths, English and ICT as well as an Employment rights and responsibilities project.
Progression on to a level 3.
Things to consider
We can offer you an award winning development programme and access to apprenticeships with 25% discount on food and drink for you and your entire party in all our pubs and venues. We have an employee benefits scheme which gives you discounts across hundreds of brands and services and a contributory pension scheme.
About the employer
We pride ourselves in providing a warm and inviting atmosphere to enjoy a hearty Sunday Roast, a celebratory meal, a quick bite to eat or simply a drink and a chat. With a garden to enjoy, whatever the weather (we'll provide blankets and heaters!), and an open fireplace in the pub, we're the perfect place to sit back, relax and catch up with friends and family.
Training to be provided:
- Training is in house, no college involved.
On completion of the apprenticeship you will have received:
- Level 2 NVQ certificates in Food Production and Cooking
- Functional Skills Certificates in Math's and English where required
Catering and Professional Chefs
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Remit Ltd
George Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017