Apprentice Post-Press Technician WILLIAM SINCLAIR & SONS (STATIONERS) LIMITED
The Apprentice Post-Press Technician will be trained in the processes that occur after the printing stage and covers a broad range of machinery. You will work towards a Level 3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Jun 2022
31 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Set up, run and maintain a variety of finishing equipment at the appropriate speed and in line with company health & safety and quality standards, such as: guillotines, stitching/trimming machinery, binding machinery and laminating equipment.
This can include:
- Cleaning and light maintenance activities
- Deal with a range of finishing processes which may include folding, embossing/debossing, foil blocking, packing, gluing, collating, packing, wrapping etc.
- Apply problem-solving skills & techniques to ensure that machinery is maintained in good working order and that the final product meets the specification whilst minimising wastage
- Accurately measure the finished product against customer requirements and company standards Work to tight deadlines, in a calm and professional manner
- Manual handling
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication/listening skills and an ability to self-motivate
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and enthusiastic
- Willing to both listen and learn
- Be dependable, reliable and flexible
- Perform role in a safe manner by following company policies and procedures
- Work effectively with others in a team
- Open to new ideas, i.e. new technologies and working practices
- Good attention to detail
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential full-time position upon completion.
About the employer
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Level 3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in English, and maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Mode of delivery:
Delivered in the workplace with 1 day a month attendance required in college. Programme to begin in December/January.
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site – once a month in college.
The assessors will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard that supports the job role. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.