Apprentice Dental Nurse The South Bank Dental Clinic
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice, which has an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all. We are a dental practice with a well established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 04 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2023
29 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be organised with good communication skills and computer literate
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however, we are looking for reliable, ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals who are keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check
About the employer
Your dentist aims to form a long-term professional relationship, to offer you the highest standards of dental care.
All our dentists undertake continuous Postgraduate Education to ensure their skills, techniques and knowledge are fully up to date. This way we can ensure that we offer you the highest standards of care.
The South Bank Dental Clinic
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Katie Cottee +441708776050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced (Level 3) Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard.
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme.
It will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of the apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide the apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.