Apprentice Upholstery Sewing Machinist Frank Knighton & Sons
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Sewing team. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery Sewing through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of soft furnishings.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
27 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties of a Sewer could include:
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Sewing various materials ready for upholstery
- Patten matching fabrics within tolerance
- Using a range of trimmings and finishing’s including buttons, facings and piping
- Using traditional methods such as slip stitch, tacking and hand sewing
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter
- Cutting materials with templates
- Working on sewing machines
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Checking and ordering new stock, managing storage of stock
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
- Working independently, using your own initiative
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to becoming an Sewer:
- Be able to adjust to working on different designs and models of soft furnishings
- Basic numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Being able to work within a factory environment
- The ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attitude
- Be punctual
- Excellent team working skills
- Being able to work confidently under pressure
None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Modern Upholstery, traditional Upholstery, Supervision or Furniture design and Prototyping
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work
About the employer
We're not like other furniture retailers... Since Frank Knighton first opened its doors back in 1985, we've been a local family business with a strong reputation for top quality workmanship combined with excellent customer service.
With us, you have the opportunity to purchase a sofa that's custom-made to meet your exact needs - whether one of our superb bespoke FK sofas direct from the manufacturer or a leading designer brand. That's the Frank Knighton difference.
We offer exceptional experience & expertise...
Here at Frank Knighton, we have refined a way of producing stylish, made-to-measure sofas using exclusive fabrics and quality hides. Built to suit you, and your lifestyle, our range of sofas has something for every taste and budget. It's an investment in a luxurious lifestyle that needs to stand the test of time. We will also help you keep your sofa good as new for longer!
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis +441159677771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Furniture Manufacturer Standard.
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend training on a block basis at Webs Training which is based in Beeston Nottingham. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Sewing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke soft furnishings using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.