Apprentice Dental Nurse Dr G Biant Ltd
Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians. The role will also require working in other areas of the practice such as reception, dealing with patient queries, answering the phone, taking payments and booking appointments.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
26 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties/responsibilities will include:
- Keep the cleaning areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile as appropriate, according to the practice's Health & Safety and infection control procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacture's recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner
- Accurately complete patients’ records as directed
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance PPE, COSHH, Mercury Handling, infection control, waste disposal, etc.
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received, and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order/ask the practice manager/receptionist to order new supplies as required
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as it may be required to develop your skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good team player
- Maths and English GCSE grade A-C/4-9 are accepted
- Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2 are accepted
- Or equivalent
With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Health Careers has information on careers in all areas of the dental team.
Things to consider
You will be required to be immunised against Hepatitis B and to pass a DBS check.
If your application has been successful you will be contacted by Email by the training provider Tempdent. Please ensure you check your Emails including your junk box.
About the employer
We endeavour to provide our patients with quality dental care In a modern and friendly environment. We think you deserve the options of NHS and Private dentistry, in addition to giving you the best of both, we offer cosmetic dental treatments to enhance your smile, and facial aesthetic treatments that will restore your youth and beauty! We want our patients to feel confident and happy with their smiles.
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tempdent
Daniel Swann firstname.lastname@example.org
All underpinning knowledge towards the Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3, including the Diploma in Dental Nursing.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.