Apprentice Commercial Thermal Insulation Operative J S Miller Contracts Limited
Great opportunity to gain skills in a specialist sector; offering the right individual career opportunities in the Thermal Insulation industry. The successful candidate will gain specialist skills, inc how to apply a range of insulation & cladding materials to pipework, vessels & ductwork. The job will involve working locally & away from home.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Apr 2022
22 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We have an opportunity for a L2 Thermal Insulation Apprentice to join our company.
The apprenticeship standard training programme will take up to 18 months to complete and comprises of both on the job training and mentoring, whilst at work, and a formal apprentice training programme at the National Training Centre which you will attend on a block release basis. The National Training Centre for the apprenticeship is in Darlington, in the North East of England.
Successful applicants will be required to attend the training centre for 2-week blocks, approximately every 3 months during a maximum of an 18 month period, working onsite in between visits. Accommodation in Darlington will be provided in approved hotels.
Apprentices will receive full training in a large, bespoke training workshop at the training centre.
Duties when at work will include:
- Applying insulation materials
- Applying sheet metal and various finishes to pipework and ductwork
- You will gain knowledge and experience fitting insulation and finishes on a variety of construction sites
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to adapt to working in different environments i.e. at heights, confined spaces outside in differing weather conditions
- Be comfortable working away from home
- Have good practical skills
- Be able to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Able to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner onsite, as a representative of the company
- The successful candidate should be able to communicate and articulate themselves
- They should be friendly and adaptable to change and also comfortable with working away from home
- Be resilient in character and able to deal with all challenges that may arise
- They should be enthusiastic, reliable, willing to learn and able to work as part of a team
- There are no minimum requirements
- Apprentices will be paid in line with the TICI National Agreement
- Following successful completion of the Apprenticeship Standard training programme as further period of on site work experience can be undertaken for the individual to achieve industry indentures
Things to consider
- The candidate must expect to work and stay away from home for periods of time, and understand that will be early starts on site
About the employer
J S Miller Contracts is a long established medium sized company of Commercial & Light Industrial Thermal Insulation Contractors originally founded in 1899 and incorporated in 1999. The company developed into one of the regions leading contractors with a solid reputation for service and quality.
We specialise in :
Thermal insulation of Commercial & Light Industrial pipework, plant and ductwork.
Sheet metal fabrication for protection of thermal insulation.
Passive fire protection of ducting systems.
Trace Heating .
Acoustic insulation of ductwork.
Insulation & Environmental Training Agency (IETA)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Thermal Insulation Contractors Association
Liz Munroe firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Thermal Insulation Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
The successful candidate will have practical bench skills training and classroom sessions at the National Training Centre in Darlington in addition to on the job training and mentoring whilst at work.
The candidate will also receive:
- PASMA Working at Heights
- Asbestos Awareness
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths & English (if required)
Commercial thermal insulation operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.