Hairdressing Apprentice The Hair Bank
An amazing opportunity to begin your career in the Hairdressing industry. By developing your skills directly in the salon and in the Training School.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
22 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Hair Bank are looking for someone who has a desire to succeed in the Hairdressing industry. You will be working in a modern, stylish and fast-paced salon. The successful candidate will be working as a salon apprentice.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
No formal qualification required. All we ask for is that you have a passion and desire to succeed within the Hairdressing industry.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into Hairdressing, earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Standard
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors - We will train you to work safely and practically within your salon and the training school
- If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you as we will help you to get more interviews over time!
- This role may include weekend work depending on your salon and maybe one late night
About the employer
The Hair Bank range from creative hair-up styles for any occasion, whether it be weddings, proms or romantic dinners with many creative options at hand. Ranging from curls to stylish plaits to a sleek bun or 50's style Burlesque babe. They offer personalised consultations and expert aftercare to maintain the salon's professional look, long after your visit.
The Hair Bank
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
lynsey forde 0161 819 2552 email@example.com
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard. which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.