Administration Apprentice Jackson Green & Preston
Jackson, Green and Preston are searching for a new apprentice to join their small, friendly team. The successful applicant will provide administrative support to the sales and lettings team, as well as learning about the wider business and services offered.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
22 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Jackson, Green and Preston is Grimsby and Cleethorpes best known estate agency, with a fantastic reputation for offering exceptional service. As their new apprentice you will assist the wider team by providing administrative support within their Grimsby office. You will learn and build an understanding of the organisation, to equip you with the skills required to progress internally.
Duties will include:
- Inputting data on IT systems
- Filing, copying and ensuring information is stored correctly
- Ensuring office is stocked with stationery and supplies
- Assisting colleagues throughout the wider business by providing administrative support
- Assisting with internal post, and taking mail to the local post office
- Greeting visitors to the office, with some light reception duties
- Responding to queries via Email
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- General administrative duties
- All other associated duties as required
As an apprentice you will work from the employer’s location on West St. Mary’s Gate in Grimsby, and be assigned a Trainer who will visit you in the workplace to deliver training. You will also receive full training and support from the employer’s team.
Requirements and prospects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- The ability to work independently, as well as being a team member
- Well-spoken with a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Well presented and polite
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Hard working
GCSE grade 4/C or above in maths and English, or an equivalent qualification (Functional Skills Level 2) is desirable.
Jackson, Green and Preston are offering this Apprenticeship with the view of the successful candidate continuing into a permanent, full time career, with opportunity for internal progression.
Things to consider
This position is based at Jackson, Green and Preston on West St. Mary’s Gate, Grimsby, DN31 1LE (town centre). Please check the employer’s location and ensure you would be able to report for work on a daily basis.
About the employer
Founded in 1920, Jackson Green & Preston is Grimsby and Cleethorpes largest and best known local Estate Agency, with over 95 years’ experience in the property market and currently having 400 or so properties on the market through our agency.
In 2011, on the retirement of the Partners in Goudes Chartered Surveyors, we acquired their very successful Lettings and Management Department, reinforcing our position as one of Grimsby's premier Management Agents.
In 2016, following the retirement of the principal of Bacons Property Management, we were again approached and offered the opportunity to further enhance our position as Grimsby’s leading lettings specialist by acquiring Bacons Property Management.
We have two offices, both situated in Town centre locations, each having excellent window displays.
Well laid out and smartly furnished, the offices have a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and our friendly staff are always there to offer assistance and advice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education
Helena Gollings 01472311222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard – Business Administrator
A bespoke programme of technical, practical and vocational learning
Functional Skills in maths and English (if applicable)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.