APPRENTICE CARE WORKER Lymehurst Rest Home For The Elderly
Do you really want to make a difference? We require dedicated and passionate care staff to work in our care home and enhance the lives of our residents.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
22 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To deliver personal and general care using a person centred approach
- Supporting residents to eat and drink
- To ensure our residents independence is promoted and maintained
- To ensure care notes are completed fully during your shift
- Experience preferred but full training given.
- Paid Breaks.
- Fortnightly Rota
- Free Uniform
- Nest Pension
- If you are a team player and committed to improving the lives of older people why not apply?
- You will be required to be flexible, cover morning, afternoon or all day shifts and work alternate weekends
- Shift patterns are 08.00-14.00, 14.00 - 20.00 and 08.00-20.00.
- COVID-19 considerations:
- We have sufficient supplies of PPE
- You will be required to have had your covid-19 vaccination, carry out a PCR test once a week and two weekly LFT tests
- We adhere to all regulations set out by the Department of Health
Requirements and prospects
• Team Player.
• Some dementia awareness is preferred.
• Training is preferred but full training can be given.
The post is likely to become full time for the right applicant.
Things to consider
You will be required to work according to your monthly rota, every other weekend.
Please note: County Training will likely be in contact with you by phone and by email with updates about this vacancy. Please check your voicemail and inbox often for updates.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour as of 1st of April 2021. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a local family owned care home in Shrewsbury, we have been established since 1984. We care for older persons with varying conditions including dementia. Our aim is to provide a home for them and to ensure they live the best life they possibly can.
Lymehurst Rest Home For The Elderly
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
County Training 0345 678 9023 email@example.com
Standard which includes:
• Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
• Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
• End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Personal Learning and Thinking.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.