Hairdressing Apprentice Greys (Sale)
Greys are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person to join a busy salon based in Sale. You will work towards a Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
22 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Greys are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a Salon Apprentice.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with washing hair, providing treatments at the backwash and drying hair
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Assisting with reception duties and offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- No formal qualification required, just a desire to succeed in the hairdressing industry
- Good customer service and communication skills
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the hairdressing industry
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- A professional appearance is essential
Formal qualifications are useful but not essential.
- Securing a permanent job within the company on completion of the vtct 2 Qualification.
- Progression to a Level 3 Hair Qualification or a Barbering Qualification.
Things to consider
This role may involve unsociable hours – Working Saturdays and at least one late night per week; you must have a flexible approach to your work.
If you are short-listed for this role, you may have to attend more than one interview.
This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors.
Michaeljohn Training School is an Equal Opportunities Training School; we welcome people from all backgrounds. Treating people fairly according to their needs.
About the employer
Greys are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will gain experience as a Salon Assistant.
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
lynsey forde 01618192552 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will secure a place at Michael John Training School, where they will complete a Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Functional Skills in maths and English
Level 2 (GCSE)
From the 1st October 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices will be £3.30. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.