Buying and Merchandising Assistant Apprenticeship DCK Concessions Ltd
DCK are excited to offer Level 4 Buying and Merchandising Apprenticeship opportunities in partnership with the Fashion Retail Academy (FRA). We are therefore on the lookout for great talent who want to kick start their career in Merchandising and Buying.
Closing date: 18 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
26 Oct 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
The Level 4 Buying & Merchandising Assistant apprenticeship is for individuals with a creative flair, an eye for the latest consumer buying trends and a keen interest in developing products to take to market on behalf of our recognised brands and retailers. This apprenticeship is a combination of ‘on the job learning’ and approximately 20% ‘of the job training’ facilitated via the Fashion Retail Academy.
At the end of the apprenticeship, you will have developed transferable, relevant, skills and experience with DCK, but also a national recognised qualification (Level 4 Buying and Merchandising). We expect your passion for retail to have grown and developed and ready to further your exciting new career path.
What is a buying assistant?
It is the responsibility of a buying assistant to select, test and deliver new products and develop existing ones based on their research and knowledge. These products will make up the organisation’s product portfolio and so they must work very closely with the team and wider business stakeholders to adhere to supplier agreements.
- Manage live purchase orders through the product life cycle. Liaising with suppliers and the buyer to ensure necessary compliance and achievement of deadlines.
- Ensure correspondence is managed in a timely, concise and clear manner, with correct associated order details and delivery dates.
- Manage and organise all brand samples that arrive in the business, ensuring products are stored correctly and all areas kept tidy and accessible. Collate samples to be sent internally and externally.
- Support the team with relevant administrative tasks including preparing sample boards and documents for both internal and external meetings.
- Maintain the commitment and buy boards for the brand, with all relevant information clearly displayed, up to date and readily available, whilst also maintaining relevant digital sample libraries.
- Maintain the online process, writing descriptions in a customer friendly manner, that fit with the brand profile, for product that will be sold online and arrange samples to be photographed.
- Support the Buyer with product development that is customer driven and aligns with brand identity, with relevant attention to commerciality, costing and innovation.
- Contribute product development ideas in line with Brand’s pricing architecture and margin expectation.
What is a merchandising assistant?
It is the role of a merchandising assistant to gather and distribute analysis of potential new products and evaluate the effectiveness of existing ones. Also, they will typically research trends and support decisions with various reports such as a product’s performance to date.
- Gathering and collating historical information from internal reporting system in preparation for analysis for the Merchandising team.
- Maintain the open close database, to ensure all new and closing stores are managed in line with critical path.
- Maintain accurate store and space crib sheet, including system attributions.
- Responsible for the data entry for first allocation to stores and online.
- Tracking launches and new collections ensuring the stock is allocated at the right time. Delivering both product and collection launches in line with plan. Both stock on order, DC and hold/rework.
- Produce the brand intake/delivery tracker to support merchandising team with intake management.
- Product Sample management to support VM process.
- Responsible for sending sales list to retail and online contacts
- Prepare and collate accurate reports for Monday trade
- Enter promotions accurately in Nextail.
- Manage online intake sheets, ensuring images are sent to hosts/partners.
- To maintain general DC housekeeping admin, such as, ends of bins and negative stocks.
- Responsible for the input of data of store stock transfers.
- Liaise with suppliers and raise repeat product orders
Requirements and prospects
- Must be an extremely organized individual, who is able to juggle multiple different tasks and timelines at once
- Have a keen attention to detail, as well as having excellent time management skills
- Must be confident in communicating across different teams within the business, as well as external suppliers
- Someone who uses their initiative to decision making and problem solving
- Must be a strong team player, who is willing to help out where is needed
- Excellent PC skills, especially Excel, would be a bonus
- You're super-curious about pretty much everything
- It should go without saying that you’re happy with numbers, great with detail, and have a good, intuitive feel for the commercial world
- You’re excited about clothing, keen to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment, with the resilience and drive to back it up when the going gets tough
To qualify, you’ll need to have achieved at least 7 GCSEs (or equivalent) including maths and English with minimum Grades of A* - C/9 - 4.
Depending on the performance of the candidate and company a full-time role position could be available.
Things to consider
Please provide all information included in your CV on this application
About the employer
DCK Group has over 25 years’ experience in fashion jewellery. We are experts in designing, developing and trading in accessories, working with a wide range of partners and selling directly to consumers.
FASHION RETAIL ACADEMY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fashion Retail Academy
Megan Davies email@example.com
Training will take place at least one day fortnight at the Fashion Retail Academy. You'll be working towards an accredited Level 4 Buying & Merchandising Assistant apprenticeship standard.
Buying and merchandising assistant
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.