Apprentice Dental Nurse Uhp Dental Care
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 05 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jul 2022
20 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
For this exciting role we are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Good communication
- Computer literate
- Ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner
- Enthusiastic and interested in developing a career in dental nursing
- Keen to learn
- Smart and professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Able to work in a team and independently
- High level of manual dexterity
GCSEs at grades C/4 and above or equivalent in maths and English.
An initial assessment for maths and English is also required.
Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer.
There are fantastic career progression opportunities, for example:
- Oral Health Educator
- Senior Dental Nurse
- Practice Manager
- Specialist Dental Nurse
- Dental Nurse Assessor
- Treatment Co-ordinator
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B vaccination and pass a DBS check and a fit test for a respirator face mask
- References will be required from a previous employer and/or educational setting
- Applicants are required to live within a reasonable distance from their workplace
- Punctuality is essential for this role
As the apprenticeship provider we work with hundreds of Dental Practices and are well suited to provide very best learning experience and combine this with fantastic employment opportunity.
About the employer
Welcome to the website of UHP DentalCare (Kempston). We are a general dental practice established in 1998. Working as a team, we are here to look after your dental treatment needs and are dedicated to improving and maintaining your oral health. We provide both NHS and Private dentistry.
As a patient, you will get to know that preventative care is at the core of the dentistry we provide. We are passionate about promoting prevention of disease, supporting our patients to look after their mouths, encouraging regular attendance as assessed by the dentist who treats you. If you require routine dentistry or cosmetic dentistry, we will be very happy to serve you, and are determined to satisfy our patients.
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.