Apprentice Dental Nurse Hudson's Dental Practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Jun 2022
20 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
For this exciting role we are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
As an apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner
- Enthusiastic and interested in developing a career in dental nursing
- Keen to learn
- Smart and professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Able to work in a team and independently
- High level of manual dexterity
GCSEs at grades C/4 and above or equivalent in maths and English.
An initial assessment for maths and English is also required.
Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer.
There are fantastic career progression opportunities, for example:
- Oral Health Educator
- Senior Dental Nurse
- Practice Manager
- Specialist Dental Nurse
- Dental Nurse Assessor
- Treatment Co-ordinator
Things to consider
Things to consider:
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B vaccination and pass a DBS check and a fit test for a respirator face mask
- References will be required from a previous employer and/or educational setting
- Applicants are required to live within a reasonable distance from their workplace
- Punctuality is essential for this role
As the apprenticeship provider we work with hundreds of Dental Practices and are well suited to provide very best learning experience and combine this with fantastic employment opportunity.
About the employer
- We offer bespoke preventative care plus most restorative and cosmetic treatments including teeth whitening and Invisalign
- From fixing a broken filling to crafting a new smile, we take pride in helping our patients enjoy all that's best about a healthy mouth
- David Hudson is the sixth member of the Hudson family to be a dentist in Hertford and is committed to keeping the practice a 'family' one
- 92% of patients who completed the 'Friends & Family Test' in February 2019 said they were 'extremely likely' or 'likely' to recommend us to their friends and family
- Convenience - we're open on Monday and Wednesday evenings (private only) and also on Saturday morning for hygienist consultations
- Implants are placed in-house so there's no need to travel elsewhere
- Our popular Denplan payment scheme makes private dentistry eminently affordable
- Nervous patients welcomed
- Injection-Free Dentistry - using 'The Wand' we can do many treatments without a traditional injection (a £12.50 charge applies). We believe we are the only dentists in Hertford to offer this comfortable alternative to an injection
- Spacious, modern, air-conditioned premises with this month's magazines in our patient lounges
- Convenient town centre location with parking just a few minutes’ walk away (NB we regret, none outside)
Hudson's Dental Practice
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.