Domestic & Commercial Appliance Repair Apprentice Sertronics Uk Limited
The company is looking to recruit two apprentices to help with repairing products in customers' homes and commercial premises such as hospitals, nursing homes and hospitality sites. You will diagnose faults and fit spare parts, guided by our experienced engineers.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 May 2022
19 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidates will train to be a qualified domestic and commercial repair engineer, repairing products in customers' homes and commercial premises such as hospitals, nursing homes and hospitality sites. You will be working with a professional team of engineers with years of experience and training.
You will work alongside engineers, visiting customers' sites and trained on Health & Safety as well as:
- Diagnose faults
- Fitting spare parts
- Using various tools and job management software packages
- You will attend manufacturer training courses when you are competent and happy to do so, which are normally one/two days at local facilities
- Collecting spares from the Walsall site and be briefed on the day ahead
- Travelling and shadowing the engineer throughout the day to complete 10 visits per day
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication
- Confident IT skills
- Applicants must be aged 18+ and hold a driving licence - which is required due to travelling to customers' sites
- Team player
- Punctual and reliable
- Enthusiastic and wants to learn
- An interest in electro mechanical equipment - but not already qualified
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C or above in English and maths - as a minimum
Successful apprentices will be offered a full-time position as a Field Service Engineer and will be provided with their own van, fuel card and special tools. We offer a top rate salary with profit share and pension. Management opportunities are also available for people who want to progress their role.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college one day per week for 15 months - at In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG.
About the employer
Sertronics broadcast repair service guarantees that specialists handle regular maintenance, modification and repairs of your products in close co-ordination with the manufacturer. Thus, your systems remain at the latest technical version and small disruptions are dealt with pro-actively before they can occasion problems.
In case of disruptions or breakdowns, you can rely on our experienced systems specialists. We analyse and treat your problem on the telephone or on site – quickly and efficiently.
We are specialised in broadcast and medical products of SONY, ClearCom, HME, Drake, Sachtler, Vinten, Manfrotto, Fujinon, Canon etc.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
Learners will complete both on and off the job training elements for this standard, which is Engineering Operative Level 2, Electrical & Electronic pathway. You will attend college one day per week over a period of 15 months (at In-Comm Training Services Ltd, Aldridge, WS9 8UG) - please ensure you can travel to both sites.
The training at college will include:
- Engineering Environmental Awareness
- Engineering maths and Science Principles
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
- Electrical & Electronic Systems and Devices
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently & Effectively in Manufacturing & Engineering
- Using & Interpreting Engineering Data & Documentation
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Assembling &Testing Electronic Circuits
- Maintaining Electronic Equipment & Systems
- General Electrical & Electronic Engineering Applications
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.