Learning Support Assistant Apprentice East Farleigh Primary School
East Farleigh has an exciting opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant apprentice to work in one of our Key Stage 2 classes.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
19 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher
- Support pupils to understand instructions support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being
- Prepare and maintain learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
Your ability to build relationships, have a positive outlook and a willingness to try different approaches is essential. You will be well supported by the SENCO and class teacher to facilitate high quality, independent learning and help all pupils achieve their very best.
In return, we offer a commitment to your professional development and ambitions, as well as a supportive team to work with - this is a great opportunity to join our friendly staff and help us realise our vision for the whole school community.
Requirements and prospects
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Basic IT skills
- Good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible
- Ability to recognise and deal with emergency situations.
- May need to be able to handle small sums of cash.
- May require knowledge to enable the post holder be responsible for the safe use of equipment.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
- Ability to communicate positively with pupils during midday breaks e.g. to encourage healthy meal selection, oversee play activities
A good standard of secondary education.
Potential employment should a position be available
Things to consider
- This is a term time only position.
- The apprenticeship can take up to 18 months to complete.
About the employer
Engage. Excite. Empower.
East Farleigh is a small, single form entry village primary school set in the heart of the beautiful Kent countryside. Our school offers a welcoming, caring and inclusive place of learning where children feel happy, safe and secure; this allows them to thrive in everything they do.
- We will deliver a creative curriculum which instils the value of knowledge and skills, inspiring a love of learning.
- We will ensure leaders drive continuous improvement through effective decision-making based on current research and best practice.
- We will maximise opportunities to work with local, National and global partners to equip our children to be confident and courageous citizens
- We will provide a safe, inclusive environment that fosters openness and independence, celebrating diversity and promoting equality.
- We will optimise opportunities for all students to exceed expectations and reach their full potential, preparing them for their next stage of learning
- We will expect all members of our school community to respect each other and their environment, consistently upholding the highest standards of behaviour and self-discipline.
At East Farleigh Primary we recognise the diversity of talents that our students have and help them to reach their full potential by supporting them in as many ways as possible.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554435343 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills in English and Maths at level 2 if required.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.