IT Solutions Technician Apprentice Howorth Air Technology Limited
To provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business. The position is assisting with the support and maintenance of the Microsoft environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects, activities, and training.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2022
£9,379.50 - £12,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2022
19 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with end-to-end IT support to the business
- Receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures
- Ensure that service requests and incidents from end users are complete, contacting users and requesting any missing information if required
- Manage the administration of user IDs and passwords as authorised
- Contributes to knowledge management systems under general supervision
- Identify and manage performance activities for the service desk to improve operational effectiveness and cost savings
- Detect problems and deal with them in an organised and structured manner i.e., adhering to standard set-up requirements
- Maintain all computer equipment
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panels, hubs, switches, router) and keep a log of any malfunction/damage, assisting with projects
- Be able to investigate problems internally and remotely
- Assist in the expansion and development of our cloud infrastructure
- Liaise with IT Manager and the Financial Director when necessary
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Ensure back-ups are up to date and effectively managed
- Support users to encourage effective and efficient use of IT solutions
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent time and task management skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- A willingness to learn and be trained
- A natural passion and enthusiasm for IT
- Organised with a very good attention to detail
- Good work ethic
- Reactive support skills and able to prioritize
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise in the different departments
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, and English.
For the successful candidate there may be the opportunity to progress to full-time paid work within the company.
Things to consider
Your application must include any grades achieved or predicted (or equivalent) for GCSE maths and English.
As this vacancy is for a level 3 apprenticeship, we would advise that you check your application for spelling and grammar and that you answer each section fully.
Although some interviews may be completed remotely, it is expected that as restrictions are lifted applicants must be able to attend the above site if invited for interview.
Applicants must be able to travel to the employer’s place of work daily and able to attend Bolton College 1 day per week.
The apprentice’s wage may vary dependent on their experience and ability and can be discussed at interview
About the employer
Howorth have been clean air pioneers since 1858. Utilising our expertise in air engineering to deliver controlled clean environments for healthcare and pharmaceutical and it’s our people that make us unique
Air. It’s a wonderful thing.
And at Howorth, we should know.
We believe in the power of clean air to transform human health and well-being.
That's why our vision is:
Making healthcare spaces, safer places to be by providing advanced clean air engineering.
Supporting the manufacture of the next generation of pharmaceuticals through advanced air containment systems.
Protecting lives by providing exceptional service to our customers ensuring their equipment continues to operate safely.
We believe in Clean Air. We believe in Engineering for life.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Kerri 01204 482036 Kerri.Twigg@boltoncc.ac.uk
Level 3 IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standard.
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.