Kia Parts & Service Advisor Apprentice RODGERS OF PLYMOUTH LIMITED
Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Parts and Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
18 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Role: Long Description Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry?
Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Rodgers of Plymouth are currently seeking a Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Science and ICT are desirable
- Upon successful completion and review of the Apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business
About the employer
Based in Brixton, Plymouth, our Kia showroom has a range of new and used vehicles on show. With an expert team always on hand to help answer your questions and give you advice, you can discover the Kia range with confidence.
We’re also proud to offer the Motability scheme for our Kia vehicles along with a fully wheelchair friendly and accessible site. We have a wide range of vehicles available through the Motability scheme and with our in-house Motability experts, we’ll help you find the perfect car to match your needs.
Here at the Brixton premises, we have a fully integrated workshop capable of providing you, our customer, with the full range of aftersales services such as MOT’s, general repairs and more. All of our replacement parts are manufacturer quality and our technicians are manufacturer trained too.
When using Rodgers of Plymouth you’re guaranteed a high quality service
RODGERS OF PLYMOUTH LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your Apprenticeship
- This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Over a two year period they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) progressing onto a Level 3 Custiomer Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor
- A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level
- Functional skills if needed
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.