Apprentice Nursery Assistant Wyvern Nursery Limited
A career opportunity for an enthusiastic person to take on the first steps to a varied and rewarding role and complete an apprenticeship in EY. You will need plenty of passion, dedication and the desire to fulfil your dreams. We are a friendly and supportive team with many apprentices coming to us to complete a L3 and gain employment with us
Closing date: 13 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
18 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling two-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster. If undertaking functional skills you will have two weeks training and one week back with your employer.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities
- To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding of children under five
- The desire and capability to be an outstanding nursery assistant
- An understanding of child development
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children, staff and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Excellent organisational skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
5 GCSE’s A*-C or 9-4 to include maths and English or equivalents.
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment
Things to consider
- Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references
- Transport to and from venues
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer
About the employer
Wyvern Nursery Ltd is privately owned with 6 nurseries across Somerset. We offer full day care for children from 3 months to 5 years in a happy and secure environment. We strive to provide an environment where children are encouraged to explore and develop their own sense of independence and curiosity using a High Scope approach.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be supported and guided within a friendly team here at The Levels Nursery in Langport.
Wyvern Nursery Limited
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL 03001231967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years to include...
- Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.