Business Administration Apprentice Park View School
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our team as a Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice. You will work alongside the school administration team and be the first point of contact for students, parents and visitors at the school.
Closing date: 06 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
14 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the school office and to:
- Deal with all telephone queries efficiently and effectively
- Ensure all visitors in school are logged and monitored in accordance with school safeguarding procedures
- Provide general administrative support including typing, updating records, photocopying, sorting and delivering post and franking
- Deal with financial correspondence, internal and external post and telephone queries from other organisations
- Maintain the financial accounting department filing system
- Support the Human Resources function through processing and recording staff absences and monitoring and maintaining annual leave
- Support recruitment processes through arranging interviews and reference check requests under the direction of the Human Resources Manager
- Undertake any other administration tasks required by the Head teacher or Admninistration team
- Promote and implement the School's equal opportunities policies in all aspects of employment and service delivery
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young person’s s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with
Requirements and prospects
- Able to deal with challenging behaviour from students
- Assist and field enquiries from concerned parents
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent telephone manner
- High level of IT skills
- A passion for working in an educational, rewarding and challenging environment
- High level of motivation
- Good social skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Professional attitude
English, maths and IT grades GCSE A*-C/4-9 or equivalent.
Possibility of full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
As this role is based within an educational setting the working hours will be for the most part term time only. The admin team may be required to work some days during the school holidays.
About the employer
Park View School is a small local authority special school, with a focus on providing a service for learners with an SEMH Education Health Care Plan between key stages 3 and 4.
Students at Park View School are only admitted once they have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) which names Park View School. When students are referred the first step is to meet the student/family. This is done informally and usually constitutes a school tour and discussion with a member of the Senior Leadership Team and completion of essential paperwork.
At Park View, we aim to provide our children with a safe, secure environment in which they can take risks with their learning. Every day, they are supported in developing skills and attitudes which help them to develop in confidence and independence. When children leave us, we want them to have a love of learning which will stay with them throughout life. Enjoyment, challenge and activity are at the heart of successful learning and we endeavour to achieve this through a broad and balanced curriculum which allows children to reach their potential. We want our children to be the very best they can be!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Emily Jefferson email@example.com
- You will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard with Gateshead College
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.