Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Pkai Ltd
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Hampton. PKai is looking for two hairdressing apprentices to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 13 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
14 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients' hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained
The tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Customer focused
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Maths and English at grade 4/C or equivalent
- On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and a good training programme plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning
- Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon. There will be some long periods of activity with little time to rest
- Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry
About the employer
Peterborough Hairdressers. Unisex salons. Open every Sunday 10-4. Stockists of Ghd, Wella & Paul Mitchell, Tangle Teezers.
Hair colouring, cutting, styling, wedding hair, prom hair.
British Hairdressing Awards Finalist 2011 & 2012
Best UK Salon - Eastern Region 2012 - Your Hair Magazin
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
Functional skills in Maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.