Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship (Inxpress) DE WESSELOW LOGISTICS (DWL) LIMITED
Inxpress, one of our region’s leading couriers and logistics consultants are delighted to be able to offer the right candidate an administration apprentice to join their dedicated team in Gateshead (near Metro Centre).
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
13 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Daily Operational (some shared with managers):
- Telephone answering and management of queries with our customers: professional, friendly, helpful
- Telephone liaison with all the Courier Customer Services, chase up missed collections, late or delayed packages with the couriers, communicate this to customers
- Co-ordinate, manage and despatch for pick and pack customers
- Receive and co-ordinate customer (email) messages with issues or opportunities, react accordingly, especially off-system freight bookings
- Record all freight bookings on master spreadsheet, invoice on to customer on XMS (accurate pricing and address details)
- Ongoing monitoring of XMS, including tracking packages for new or tricky customers
- Co-ordinate new customer packs and interface so that service ethos is established from day one
- Ongoing support to Paul and Peter, especially when in meetings or managing multiple issues, including customer interaction in terms of message and issues management
- Set up and monitoring of daily courier notifications
- (Manage occasional Luggage Point returns (mainly UPS), record on spreadsheet, liaise with Peter Johnson, send out again on appropriate Webship (LUGGAGE POINT SPREADSHEET)
- Assist and chase up Claims across the Carrier base, liaising with carriers and customers
- Telesales and face to face Business development
Bi-Monthly / Monthly Operation:
- Debtor management Chase aged debtors: educate and cajole so that they pay on time
- Check off consignments against quote in 2 weekly billing cycle, especially when PdeW away
- Ensure freight and pick and pack invoiced onwards to customers
- Manage and record the claims process as above
- Recording of weekly InXp invoices
- Recording of telesales leads and follow-up
- Diary co-ordination and management across all staff
- Aged debtor reconciliation
- Identify potential new business opportunities, eg. EBay traders
Requirements and prospects
- Tidy, cheerful, professional, willing to learn and get involved
- Organised: enjoys computer-based systems: InXpress XMS, Webship, excel spreadsheets
- IT skills, being competent in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Calm and unflappable under pressure: queries / calls tend to come in batches
- Self-starter: there will be quiet times yet there are always things to do to add value,
- Personality is everything
- Team player: we work independently day to day but speak frequently to support, add value and have a laugh….!
- Careerist not clock watcher: this business has ample opportunity to build and reward if we work together
- Good listener with clients - a very important interface to the whingers!
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
Maths and English, GCSE Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Your innovative online provider of shipping services.
Your business can enjoy shipping that’s as effortless as possible - no matter where you are, no matter what your needs. Your promise. Our business.
Built on over 20 years of insight, we’ve pioneered world-class technology that’s disrupting traditional shipping services around the globe. We’ve invested millions in our high-performance platform to deliver a truly innovative shipping experience that’s proven to save time and money.
We pride ourselves on our people. They’re the ones who drive the successful partnerships with world-class carriers, and the ones committed to finding the best possible solution for each and every customer.
We genuinely care about your parcels as if they were our own, so you can be safe in the knowledge that we’ll get them where they need to be, when they’re meant to be there. You’ll even have a dedicated local account manager, who’ll be on hand to help with whatever you need.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 0191 4338761 email@example.com
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider - for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.