Health and Social Care Apprentice Bridge House Care
A challenging but very rewarding role for anyone aged 16 and above looking for a career in Health and Social Care.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
23 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will Include:
- To support existing staff to promote a high standard of service to clients in the way of rehabilitation and retreat using interactive therapy
- Supporting clients that have neurological conditions, injuries and illnesses
- Running activities for residents
- Laundry duties
- Assisting service users with toileting,
- Assisting service users with eating and drinking, serving drinks, meals and snacks
- Supporting residents with moving and sitting and going to bed.
- Assisting staff with outings and events
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative without having to be micro-managed
- Full training will be given, however the employer likes to allow people to develop themselves and gives them the freedom to learn in their own way
- Reliable and loyal
- Must have a caring nature, be patient and understanding
- Professional, with a positive outlook and sunny disposition
- Smart and professional appearance
GCSE (or equivalent) A*-C in English and Maths and ICT OR the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in these subjects.
About the employer
Where you come first
Bridge House has an enviable reputation. We know that providing care for people who are suffering long term physical conditions, or recovering from trauma or life-changing surgery takes much skill. And the most important skill is listening. Consequently we are highly focussed on individual needs, genuinely listening to what our clients want and then tailoring a unique package of caring services for them.
All our clients are under the age of 65, from all walks of life - even health professionals! Every day our clients return to their homes or local accommodation - and look forward to their next day with us, which might be daily or weekly.
Bridge House is a beautiful location in the heart of Shropshire. The atmosphere is relaxing, fun, and as sociable or as private as you wish. Our services are renowned for their effectiveness and provided in the utmost confidence.
We are able to uniquely claim that not a single client has missed any day planned with us, and none have failed to move on right through the schedule of care that they asked for.
Bridge House Day Care is fully accredited by Telford & Wrekin Council and Shrewsbury and Atcham Council.
For anyone in need of care
Our clients come to us privately or are recommended to us by consultants in the health service. Our doors are always open to friends, relatives, visitors and prospective clients who would like to see the centre and discuss the therapies available.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Training is provided and you will be fully supported by our management team. They will offer instruction, advice and guidance in all matters relating to the role.
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017