Level 2 Community Carer Apprentice Choice Care
Studying the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship you would be providing all aspects of daily living to vulnerable people in their own homes, personal care, medication administration, meal prep etc.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
12 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career as one of our ‘next generation’ carers?
Are you a kind and patient person who loves to help others?
If that sounds like you, we’d love you to join our amazing care teams in Blackburn, Darwen and surrounding areas.
At Choice Care, we provide the best possible care and support for those that need it - including people coming to the end of life, those with dementia, sensory impairment, or physical difficulties – enabling our clients to live in their own homes with dignity and enjoy the best possible quality of life.
Ideally the apprentice needs a driving licence as the role involves travelling to service users' homes.
Duties and training will include;
- Care certificate
- Induction course
- Taking observations such as blood pressure, oxygen sat’s, temperature etc
- Diabetic blood glucose monitoring
- End of life care
- Managing dementia
- Care planning
- Risk assessments
- Falls assessments
- Skin assessments
- Equipment assessments
Requirements and prospects
- Can manage workload effectively
- Good communication skills
- Have empathy
- Must pass an initial assessment at Blackburn College
- Advanced training
Things to consider
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change
- If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies
- Does include weekend work
- Ideally the apprentice needs a driving licence as the role involves travelling to service users' homes
- Flexible working hours
- Fixed or variable hour contracts
- Competitive rates of pay
- Paid travel time
- Paid waiting time
- Paid mileage
- Receive your full entitlement of paid annual leave
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Paid training time and funded care qualifications
- Opportunities for career progression
- Supported to be the best carer you can be
- Be respected, valued and be part of a successful team
- The opportunity to provide advanced levels of care
Being nurse led means that working for us can be an excellent route into other roles such as nursing, clinical practice or social work. So come and join our amazing family of trusted carers and make a difference in someone’s life every day and develop your skills beyond what you thought was possible for yourself.
We are an equal opportunities employer and look forward to meeting you soon.
About the employer
The company was started in 1999 by the managing Director, Andrew Key, in a small office at Eanam Wharf in Blackburn and quickly gained a reputation for providing quality care and support to people in the community in Blackburn.
We provide a wide range of home care assistance from 30 minutes to 24 hours, 365 days a year. The main objective of home care assistance is to maintain a person’s independence as much as possible, for as long as possible. Differing options of support can be selected and includes: washing; dressing; bathing; showers; bed care; toileting; continence care; light housework; meal preparation; administration of medications including oxygen/gas therapies and PEG feeds; support with shopping; accompanying to appointments; and respite care for families or their carer.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 email@example.com
Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Level 1 English and Maths Functional Skills (if required)
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.