Production Chef Apprentice Christopher Grice
The Old Wharf Tea Rooms strategically located at the midway point of the Grantham Canal, approximately 17 miles from both Grantham & Nottingham, has recently gone under a dramatic, yet sympathetic restoration. This employer will be paying national minimum wage for your age.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2022
£153.92 to £304.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
11 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes.
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to learn
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
The Old Wharf tearooms beside the tranquil Hickling Basin. The tearoom boasts several different areas inside and out. There are many tables on the first floor with idyllic scenes looking out across the water, on the ground floor we have more seating for weary walkers and our four legged friends to relax. Our venue is used daily but can be booked for special events & parties. Outside we have two large seating areas, by the waters edge, watch the world go by over lunch.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
15-month Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required)
Link to Production Chef Standard- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.