Laboratory Technician Apprentice Cyprotex PLC
As our Laboratory Technician Compound Management, you will be working within our dynamic and adaptable study management and laboratory team who work well together to support one another.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
08 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Cyprotex will support you with relevant training and enable you to build a successful career within our organisation.
- Manual handling of incoming compounds, including solubilisation, plating and powder weighing of client compounds.
- Use of liquid handling technology to fulfil orders and create final assay plates.
- Data handling, inventory tracking, accurate record keeping and following standard operating procedures for assigned tasks.
- Managing the storage and safe disposals and recording of compounds on in-house databases.
- Place orders and receive goods via electronic stock control system and purchasing software systems.
- Ensuring all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean and in proper working order.
- Making use of global ordering system to order supplies and consumables.
- Responsible for the removing certain categories of waste and recycling.
- Perform work to an exceptionally high standard, within specified timelines, and within safety regulations.
- Routine calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory guidelines within a laboratory environment.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and oral skills, computer literate with previous experience using Microsoft Office and LIMS.
- Able to organise daily tasks, to frequently work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines and follow instructions.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail, performing work to an exceptionally high standard, and within company and statutory safety regulations.
- Strong ability to maintain excellent laboratory records.
- Highly self-motivated and personable with a reliable and enthusiastic approach.
- Able to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills
A minimum of GCSE’s (or equivalent), in Science, English and Maths.
A full time position may be available upon the successful completition of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Additional Benefits We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- 10% non-contributory pension on completion of your 3-month probationary period.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employee and their partner/family under the company scheme.
- Wellbeing support 24/7 and counselling services.
- Permanent health insurance providing 75% of base salary after the qualifying period.
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit.
- Career progression within the company, we have an excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more! Onsite Facilities
- Company pays for secure onsite parking.
- Restaurant, café, and a gastro pub.
- Gym and workout studio, running, walking, and cycling routes.
- Good public transport links with the shuttle bus service.
About the employer
Cyprotex is part of the Evotec Group, a global leader in research. With state-of-the-art facilities and technical expertise, we provide innovative and bespoke assurance tailored to each of our client’s needs. Cyprotex specialises in in vitro and in silico ADME-Tox services. This includes in vitro ADME screening to support discovery projects, regulatory in vitro ADME and DDI studies during preclinical and clinical development, specialist mechanistic in vitro human and animal toxicity models (e.g., 3D models and MEA electrophysiology) and PBPK/QSAR modelling expertise. As well as supporting clients directly, we have a strong focus on R&D.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.