Apprentice CAD Engineer Goodflex Rubber Co
The successful candidate will be in a flexible role supporting with quality documentation and be able to use Solidworks to create 3D models and flat view drawings for the manufacturing of hose tooling & other Goodflex supplied parts when required, plus offer engineering and production support to the different departments within Goodflex.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Jun 2022
07 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Convert/draw hoses from a sketch, model, sample hose or customer isometric drawing
- Produce flat view drawings and liaise with the tool maker and purchasing manager to get metal
- hose tools manufactured as per the customer's requirements
- Check in new tools onto the system, confirm they are correct to the customer drawing/sample
- and then pass for production
- Produce trimming drawings and fixtures for the despatch and inspection operative to check
- manufactured hoses against
- Complete/sign off the required sections of the First Article Build Reports as they go through the
- process, whilst also managing the whole FAB system for both internal and external parts to chase
- them through the system and ensuring they are dealt with efficiently
- Be able to work with the Operations & Quality Engineer to ensure customer quality requirements
- are met; to include the completion of ISIR’s & CofC’s etc.
- Aiding the Operations & Quality Manager with ensuring compliance against the industry
- requirements of calibration
- The testing of Goodflex Manufactured parts & bought out parts by assisting the Operations &
- Quality Manager
- Aiding the Quality and Engineering Process Development Manager with research and
- development projects
- Be versatile within Goodflex, able to support all departments in the event of absences or the
- need for increased capacity
The successful applicant should ideally have some knowledge of using 3D CAD software and ideally Solidworks and should have basic design and drawing knowledge. They must be thorough and precise with their work and have the desire to make a difference and go the extra mile. This role is with a company that has a track record of promoting from within, so this is a great opportunity for any young person looking to join a go-ahead company.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Enjoy working practically with manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D components
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach.
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
- Interest in Mechanical /automotive
- Ability to think for themselves
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Possible permanent position will be available upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please research the location of LEMA Academy as well as the location of the employer to ensure that you can travel to both locations. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rate
About the employer
At our heart and in our DNA, Goodflex Rubber Co. is an engineering solutions company. And we provide these engineering solutions for industries as diverse as Automotive, Rail, Off-highway, Marine, Military, Food and Pharmaceutical. In the words of the late, great Harvard professor Clayton Christenson, we know exactly what the ‘jobs to be done’ are for all of our customers in all of those industries. And our customers are wide-ranging, with exacting reasons why they choose Goodflex Rubber Co to get their specific ‘job’ done. Whether that is the enthusiast or the repair mechanic. It may be the design engineering team or procurement team. It could be the manufacturer or the supplier, not to forget the outsourced consultancies – we work closely with them all.
Goodflex Rubber Co
LEAN EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lean Education And Development Limited
Atran Esho 07971356246 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required) End-Point Assessment (EPA) Internal training with constant supervision given. Full training and support. External trainer conducts onsite training in H&S and Risk assessments. You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks. During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.