Apprentice Dental Nurse Dental Surgery
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Jul 2022
06 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer whom has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is:
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Westpoint Dental Centre has been established for over 100 years and prides itself on providing an exceptional service across all aspects of dentistry. We offer cutting edge dental technologies in Cosmetic and General Dentistry, only using the best dental materials and equipment so that comfort, safety as well as quality of treatment is not compromised.
Central to our success is our core value of Patient Care. We are committed to treating our patients with respect, empathy and compassion. This is seen in every aspect of our business. All our staff members recognise the importance of creating a relaxed and pleasant environment for our patients, as a visit to the dentist can be unnerving at the best of times. With attentive care and an approachable method, we strive to create a family dental practice that patients will feel confident on entrance.
Our highly skilled and caring team of dentists, dental nurses and support staff offer a full range of dental care from emergency visits through to preventive, general and cosmetic dentistry. So, whether you are looking for regular check-ups, dental hygiene clean, tooth whitening, dental implants, ceramic crowns, porcelain veneers, dentures, adult teeth straightening or cosmetic dentistry, our dentists will be able to give you the most honest advice and professional affordable service possible.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Katie Cottee +441708776050 KatieC@harrietellis.com
Training to follow the Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard.
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.