Technical Apprentice Sales Thermex Ltd
Supporting Sales Manager with advising customers on Thermex products. Learning about the engineering side of the organisation and the products produced.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Aug 2022
13 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting the sales manager with customer enquiries
- Assisting with and following up quotes
- Sourcing new business
- Gaining knowledge of the products produced, how they are made, how they are used
- Gain knowledge in heat exchanging functions and properties
- Gain an understanding of machining and workshop capabilities
- Discuss CAD drawings with customers over the phone
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use your own initiative
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards geometrical principles
- Good communication skills
- Natural problem solver
- Enjoy working manual equipment
- Enjoy working practically
- A minimum of grade 4/C or equivalent in maths and English
- A full-time position once they have successfully completed the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please research the location of LEMA Academy as well as the location of the employer to ensure that you can travel to both locations.
About the employer
Thermex are UK based manufacturers of heat exchangers, providing reliable and cost-effective cooling products since 1979. A heat exchanger is an important part of any equipment that produces waste heat such as engines, generators, and hydraulic power packs, therefore it is essential that the best heat exchanger design is selected to ensure reliability and longevity of your equipment. Over the years, Thermex has developed into one of the world's leading heat exchanger manufacturers, with ISO 9001:2015 certification and a UK manufacturing plant.
Thermex have been manufacturing Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers since 1979, but in more recent years we have added Air Cooled and Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers to our range.
LEAN EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lean Education And Development Limited
Atran Esho 07971356246 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
- Internal training with constant supervision given. Full training and support. External trainer conducts onsite training in H&S and Risk assessments
- During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on a Technical Support Technician Engineering Apprenticeship
- You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.