Technical Apprentice Lasershape Ltd
The exciting role is to work alongside the planning team to support the preparation of jobs for manufacture using CAD/CAM software and ERP systems.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
07 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful candidate will work with our planning team to process sales orders and make them production ready. They will:
- Use CAD/CAM software to produce offline programs for our CNC machinery.
- Work closely with our material stores and purchasing teams to maintain stock availability.
- Assist in the preparation of paperwork for our shopfloor.
- Provide general assistance in the scheduling of customers work.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be IT literate
- Must work well as part of a team
- Must be well organised
- Should have an eye for detail
- Well presented
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 5(C) and above including maths, English and science
- Level 2 in Engineering related subject
Progression within the company.
About the employer
Since 1988, we have grown consistently and are still one of the leading companies in the Industry with almost 100 employees operating around the clock, 7 days a week. We service over 1000 customers monthly in every area of the UK.
A huge range of customers also gives us a varied and exciting mix of contracts from a Micky Mouse clock face, Interior metalwork for some of the UK's most exciting brand names such as All Saints and Paul Smith to working on the latest Aero Engines or Military Vehicles for Rolls Royce and BAE Systems. You name it, we cut it.
Waterjet Cutting was added to our services in 2003 to allow us to profile a wider range of materials in thicknesses upto 150mm and in lengths of upto 9m. This is a similar process to Laser Cutting but it uses high pressure water to cut the material instead of a laser beam. Our Waterjet process is accredited to AS9100 for all aerospace applications.
Today our philosophy remains the same. A fast delivery of quality parts regardless of volume to anywhere in the UK.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 email@example.com
- Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Foundation Competence in Engineering
- Level 3 Technical Certificate in Advanced Engineering Manufacturing
- Portfolio Development covering the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required
- End Point Assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.