Teaching Assistant Apprentice Collective Vision Trust Chesterton Academy Trust
An exciting new opportunity for an individual to work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. You will provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
26 Jan 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking to recruit an apprentices to work in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 roles.
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers
- Support the teacher in the development and implementation of individual education/ behaviour plans
- Assist in maintaining classroom discipline
- Provide support to pupils to achieve learning goals
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities and the monitoring of the children in activities
Requirements and prospects
- Basic ICT Skills
- Basic maths & Literacy
- Good timekeeping
- Able to communicate with parents and pupils
- GCSE A*-C (9-4) or equivalent in maths and English
- Hold a level 2 or work experience equivalent in supporting teaching and learning or childcare
If successful, this role could lead to a permanent position within the school.
About the employer
Churchfields Primary is a long established primary school within Chesterton and is integral to the local community. The children in our school are happy and well cared for.
Over recent years there have been many changes of leadership. In January 2012, Churchfields entered into a collaboration with the local high school, Chesterton Community Sports College. This was finalised in December 2013 and now Churchfields Primary School is a sponsored academy, part of the Collective Vision Trust.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01782 254287 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching assistant Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.