Apprentice Warehouse Operative UPS BUILDING & MAINTENANCE LIMITED
UPS are offering an opportunity for an apprentice to join their warehousing team. This is a great starting point for a student looking for a hands on role that can progress within a business. Over the course of the apprenticeship you will gain valuable working experience that can be carried forward into any future careers.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main duties of the role include:
- Undertaking general warehouse duties
- Ensure stock is placed in the correct location
- General house keeping of warehouse yard and fleet
- Monitoring of yard area and keeping clean
- Possible delivery to site
- Confirm dispatch orders to the system
- Ordering stock items from the management team
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work well both in a team and individually
- Previous warehousing experience
- Comfortable carrying out physical tasks
- Able to work well under pressure
- Good work ethic
- Organised, reliable and punctual
- Willingness to learn in the workplace
- Able to manage a busy workload and prioritise certain tasks
Drivers license and fork lift truck license desired
GCSE grades C (4) or above in both Maths and English
For the right candidate the opportunity to secure future full time employment and progress within the business
About the employer
UPS is quickly building a reputation as one of the leading building & maintenance contractors in the North West. We’ve grown steadily for the last decade and our client base now includes many Councils and Housing Associations across the region.
From our offices in Skelmersdale and Manchester, we provide a full range of property maintenance services, including disabled adaptations, planned refurbishment, repairs, voids and structural works. We deliver most of this work in-house and through our apprenticeship scheme, we train our people our way.
Our success has been built on the simple ethos of getting the job right first time and keeping the customer happy. Our customers tell us that our personal service and passion for customer care are what make us their contractor of choice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College
Nathan Hodge 01282 733221 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full on the job training to be provided as well as being fully supported through gaining a level 2 qualification.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.