Caretaker Assistant Apprentice Black Firs Primary School
Maintain the security of school premises and contents – Job Holder deputies for Caretaker as a registered key holder. Ensure that lighting and heating systems are maintained in good working condition. Carry out cleaning of designated areas and monitor the cleaning carried out by contractors on a day to day basis.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
05 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Receive delivery of supplies, furniture and parcels into the school; ensure correct distribution to the appropriate department/classroom/teacher.
- Liaise with contractors and monitor work being carried out by them.
- Monitor cleaning of building and ensure work is carried out in accordance with the specification.
- Undertake designated cleaning duties during term time and carry out cleaning operations during school closure periods. Maintain the grounds in a clean and tidy condition; remove accumulated internal and external waste, sweep the grounds using mechanical or other means.
- Monitor the conditions of the school’s sanitary provisions for both staff and pupils. Ensure safe storage and use of cleaning materials, in accordance with the requirements of COSHH.
- Check the heating installation daily during the heating season. Monitor the use of water, gas, oil and electricity.
- Under the direction of the Caretaker, maintain general fire precautions and security at the school; unlocking and unlocking the school premises, setting and disarming security and fire alarm systems and other security measures, etc.
- Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the jobholder will undertake such work as may be determined as necessary by the Trust.
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience is required, but evidence of an interest in this area is desirable
- Candidate will need to be able to verbally communicate with colleagues, including teachers
- Hands on
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
A good standard of maths and English is desirable
Full time position for the right candidate after successful completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
We are a Primary School based in Congleton looking for a practical individual to join our team to assist in the day to day maintenance of the school.
Black Firs Primary School
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 email@example.com
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Qualification
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.