Apprentice Business Administrator Croston Plumbing & Heating Ltd
Taking calls, booking jobs into the diary and allocating to engineers. Updating client databases and quote conversion spreadsheets. Dealing with walk in customers in the showroom. Preparation (for review) of customer quotations.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
£150.50 - £192.50
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Prepare showroom on working days for 9am i.e switch on mirror lights, ensure today (10am on Saturdays)
- Manage calls / customers in showroom for CPH, CPH Bathrooms and DRS.
- Manage diary and engineer job allocation
- Arrange other trades on Bathroom sites as required
- Send out job allocation
- Take 25% deposits to secure start date of jobs
- Call customer on job commencement to take 50% deposit payment
- Call customer on Friday of job commencement to ensure job going smoothly - keep in touch calls
- Must respond to customer telephone / email queries and specific tasks provided by SG and WG within 4 hours
- SG and WG to be cc’d into all correspondence
- Ensure showroom is tidy (eg tile boards / samples tidied away, brochure stands stocked, mirror lights and TV on)
- Consistent focus on customer service. Ensure helpful to customers at all times. Customer facing / customer service role, so attitude is key.
- Maintain boiler reminder and landlords gas safety check database on a monthly basis – i.e. adding new customers monthly (text reminder service)
Requirements and prospects
- Confident in handling phone calls
- Strong organisational skills
- Good Microsoft Office (particularly excel), Outlook and internet search skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to perform basic maths (ie VAT)
- Pro-active and willing ‘can do attitude’
- Team player
5 x GCSE A*-D / 9-3 which must include GCSE English at A*-B / 9-5 and Maths at A*-B / 9-5 or equivalent.
Full time job within the company.
Things to consider
Please note that the wage will have a view to be reviewed after 6 months.
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a plumbing depot and bathroom showroom located in Eccleston. we offer domestic and commercial, plumbing, gas and bathroom supply and installation.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Business Administrator – Level 3
- Main Learning Objectives – Support a business administrator’s role in the workplace, principles of business administration, managing performance, communication in a business environment, project management, ICT for business.
- Functional Skills (if required)
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a knowledge test, portfolio-based interview and a project/improvement presentation. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.