Marketing Assistant Apprentice PIC PUBLIC RELATIONS LTD
Keen to break into the world of marketing? Are you a savvy, silver tongued, seller? Then you could be just the right person for a marketing and business development assistant role here at Pic PR.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an entry level role, so we’ll take a look at any go-getter with plenty of vim and vigour.
Having a good understanding of agency life would certainly be useful as well as a good understanding of modern digital comms.
Organisation is a big deal – you’ll need to keep on top of a fair whack.
Being personable is essential (no Dick Dastardlys or Moaning Myrtles, please). As mentioned you’ve got to be savvy – having a blood hound-esque nose for a new biz opp, as well as a talent for generating and managing leads through various marketing activities
The role is essentially that of Pic PR pioneer – driving the business forward, and taking us into new territory by winning new clients.
Basically, you’ll be marketing us!!!
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Researching potential opportunities
- Updating the agency's CRM system
- Managing and assisting with the agency’s own sales and marketing activities
- Contacting leads (phone/email), and securing new business appointments (face-to-face and on the old Zooms)
- Assisting with putting together proposals. You’ll be generating a TON of these (of course)
- Hitting new business & marketing targets. Go get ‘em tiger
Requirements and prospects
- An appetite for sales and marketing
- A real passion for our core sectors or at least a couple (hospitality, care, tech, HR & professional services, food & drink, fashion))
- Creative thinker. We all get stuck into the mix when it comes to generating ideas and stunts for clients – so some original thinking goes a long way
- An interest in PR/Marketing in general. Believing in what you’re selling is always a bonus!
- Polished and professional appearance. We all follow haute couture in this office, so if you’re not down with Franck Sorbier…no. Just be presentable.
- Good presentation skills. This isn’t a reference to a PowerPoint wizard, so think presentation in general.
- Ability to work well in a team
- A real appetite for digital comms. Digital: it’s the future. We’ve tasted it.
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines. Running around yelling ‘Keep calm, Captain Mainwaring!’ in a crisis, just puts the rest of the team on edge
- Positive attitude. Whilst we love a bit of self-deprecation, please, no misery guts; we’re an upbeat bunch!
- Fun and friendly demeanour *rolls eyes in fun and friendly way*
- Finally, a good sense of humour. Yeah, we’re dead funny. So, you’d better be too
- GCSE English & maths, grade 9-4/A-C (or equivalent qualifications)
- If applicable, e.g. 2 A-Level qualifications (or equivalent qualifications)
Potential for permanent employment following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Think about transport to work and to Cirencester College. Having your own car is beneficial but not essential.
Cirencester College reserves the right to close this vacancy before the stated deadline once sufficient applications have been received
About the employer
Pic PR is a creative communications agency focused on new PR; purpose built for the social, digital & mobile age. We create award-winning PR campaigns powered by awesome ideas, engaging pictures and clever communication strategies.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cirencester College
Cirencester College 01285 626259 firstname.lastname@example.org
Each apprentice will be allocated a Coach to support ongoing learning and preparation for EPA. In addition Progress Reviews will take place regularly to ensure the apprentice is on track.
End Point Assessment
The two EPA assessment methods are:
- Knowledge Test
- Work-based Project Showcase
Link to Professional Registration
Successful completion of the apprenticeship would meet the registration requirements to become an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.