Apprentice Nursery Assistant SCOTTS WOOD PRIVATE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
Scott's Wood Day Nursery, Arnold are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice nursery assistant to join their team at their nursery. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
- Other general duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Hard working
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- A genuine interest in interacting with and developing children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Friendly and welcoming
- Calm, patient and caring
- Driven and willingness to learn and take on challenges
- Committed to children's welfare
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Things to consider
Applications for Level 3 will also be welcomed.
About the employer
All About Children are dedicated to providing high-quality care and delivering outstanding outcomes for our children. We are looking for colleagues to join our team who have this same passion.
At All About Children, we strongly believe in empowering people to do their jobs to the best of their ability. We support our team with vast training and development opportunities so you can develop your unique potential whilst providing outstanding care for our children.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Intermediate Early Years Practitioner Standard.
Functional Skills if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)