Apprentice Warehouse Operative SUREPAK LIMITED
Are you hard working and conscientious? Do you want to work for a market leading company who has been established for 30 years and can offer excellent career development opportunities? If so, please read on!
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This role provides a varied workday that will include;
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Sorting and placing materials or items on to racks, and shelves
- Collecting items from areas throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
- Performing warehouse inventory controls via scanner and or through a computer
- Stock counting and location checks.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication Skills
- Organised and methodical worker
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Willing to listen and learn
- Self-Motivated and a team player
A*-D grades in maths and English would be desirable. 9-3 in the new grading system
This company is committed to offering a long term opportunity for the right candidate and further training relevant to the role along the way.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance and taken through an initial screening process
- Applicants must undertake all West Notts College assessments before being eligible for presentation to employers
- From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training or on off the job training activity. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Training to be provided will include the standard, the level, the delivery method and an explanation of how OneFile is used as part of their journey.
About the employer
Surepak are a high-tech packaging solutions company. They were founded in 1992, and have grown to be a market leader in their field. Based at Sherwood Business Park in Annesley, they have a state of the art production facility that makes bags and pouches from various films and laminates.
Their packaging can be found in every business sector imaginable and they have contracts with some of the major supermarket chains, which include Tesco, Marks and Spencer and Waitrose. Further business has been secured with several smaller independents. The majority of business is secured from companies within the UK.
Due to their success, the company has grown vastly over the years, and they are now in a position to support an apprentice warehouse operative.
You will be supported within the workplace by a mentor who will help you gain valuable skills and knowledge and you will also be visited on a regular basis by a specialist from West Notts College who will help you complete your Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard. All your learning will take place within your workplace without the need to come into college.
You will be trained to use a forklift truck as part of your role and for this reason, we are only able to accept applications from people aged 18 and over.
The teams at Surepak are committed to team working and strive to maintain the business performance targets, so this role will best suit someone who is self-motivated, willing to listen and learn and able to work at a fast pace.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Supply Chain Warehouse Operative level 2 apprenticeship including functional skills in maths and English if required.
You will be assigned to an assessor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to work with you on the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours within your role.
After a pre-determined period of learning, you and your employer will agree with your training provider that you have completed all required learning and are ready to enter 'Gateway'.
Gateway is the period of your apprenticeship where you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment which is completed by an external organisation. It is your End Point Agreement that determines your final apprenticeship grade.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.