Apprentice Infrastructure Technician EASTERN LEARNING ALLIANCE
A leading education Trust is looking to attract IT apprentices to join their teams at Witchford Village College – to support the IT team in the day-to-day running of the school’s ICT network and ensure effective and efficient use of all systems.
Closing date: 21 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Apprentice ICT Technicians play an important role in schools, as teaching and learning are now heavily dependent on new technology
- Each school has an experienced IT/ Network manager and the apprentices will work along with the manager
- Provide technical knowledge and support to classroom/ non-teaching staff in all aspects of ICT equipment and software use.
- To assist with setting up ICT and Media equipment throughout the College, e.g. assemblies, meetings, exams, performances and external lettings
- Answering the telephone and pass-by support calls making appropriate use of technical helpdesk systems to capture and track user support requests
- Assist in the maintenance of the college ICT network infrastructure.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of Office productivity tools, appreciation of audio-visual technologies.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a confident manner
- Good understanding of customer care
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, and good communication skills.
- Good “customer service” focus with excellent attention to detail.
- Good technical learning skills and enthusiasm to learn and undertake training.
- To be considered, you must have at least 4 GCSEs graded A/C or 7/4 or above, including English and Maths, or the Functional Skills/ Key Skills equivalents.
- We are a growing Trust which could provide employment and career opportunities in the future
Things to consider
- Role based in academy occasional need for travel between trust schools. This post is based in a school environment, therefore enhanced DBS checks, among other pre-employment clearances will need to be carried out before you will be able to start at work.
- To play a full part in the life of the Trust and College community and make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the Trust
- Have professional regard for policies and practices of the Trust and school where you work and maintain high standards of your own attendance and punctuality
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all
- This post is based in a school environment, therefore enhanced DBS checks, among other pre-employment clearances will need to be carried out before you will be able to start at work.
- You must be able to support our policy on the welfare and safeguarding of children.
About the employer
We provided education to children from age 4 to 18.
The Trust has 4 secondary schools two of which have Sixth Form centres, one primary and sports centres. We are based in Cambridge with schools in Impington, Chesterton, Girton, Witchford and Downham Market.
One of The Eastern Learning Alliance goals is to improve the quality and richness of the education that we offer to our young people and ICT forms pivotal part of that vision.
An Apprenticeship with us many opportunities to strengthen knowledge and gain experience in an exciting educational environment working with a skilled professional team who will help to create exceptional places of learning in our Trust. With the expansion of the Trust and our desire to grow further we may be able to offer further career opportunities in the future.
Additional location information
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Taz Islam firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the job training with a mentor.
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT at Level 2 (exemptions may apply).
- This Apprenticeship is delivered via a remote learning/ day release model – workshops at Cambridge campus, remote Teams sessions, assessor visits within the workplace and VLE smart tools.
- The Apprenticeship includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles.
- The technical content includes a choice of units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.