Level 2 Barbering Apprentice Andrew Jones
The company are looking for an apprentice barber to join them at their very busy professional barbering shop. They have a wealth of experience and will give high quality training.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Feb 2022
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The employer is looking for someone with a Hairdressing qualification, either at Level 2 or Level 3. The apprentice will be studying a Level 2 Barbering Apprenticeship.
A professional approach to this industry is paramount as interaction with the general public is ongoing. The job role will include training, meeting and greeting clients, serving drinks and cleaning duties. The barber(s) will expect you to observe whilst they cut, and assist.
You will be expected to:
- Attend training sessions
- Meet and greet clients
- Cleaning rota duties
Training will be given on a weekly basis in the work place; this may follow the college programme. Monthly or weekly meetings/appraisals may be given.
The training the college will provide on a weekly basis:
- Cut hair using barbering techniques to achieve a variety of looks
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Shaving services
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- People skills
- Must attend the initial assessment at Blackburn College
- Must have either a Level 2 or Level 3 Hairdressing qualification
- Can become self-employed
Things to consider
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
About the employer
Andy Jones is a Manchester trained men’s hairstylist and qualified educator who started cutting hair after leaving school at 16 and immediately gained a loyal following amongst his friends. Knowing that this was his true calling he pursued his career in hairdressing. After earning his hairdressing qualification in Manchester he discovered that his true niche was in men’s hair styling.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hair Professional - Level 2 Barbering Apprenticeship
- Level 1 English and Maths Functional Skills (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.